Our mission is to serve our diverse community by:
Presbyterian Community Care Center is the recognized leader in providing services, resources and education resulting in the well-being of the community we serve.
Presbyterian Community Care Center was incorporated in 1957 as the Presbyterian Nursing Home. The incorporation was authorized by the Presbytery of Idaho and the General Assembly of the United Presbyterian Church of North America. The original purpose of the incorporation was to accept an offer of Mrs. Rosa McKenzie to purchase her privately-owned nursing home of 19 beds, formerly known as the Brittingham Maternity Home, in a residential area of Ontario.
Because the newly acquired home was inadequate to serve the community’s nursing home needs, efforts were begun for new facilities. Along with a federal grant, many community leaders, business people, churches, lodges and service clubs helped in reaching the goal for a new nursing home, and groundbreaking took place at the current location in 1959. The current building was occupied in 1960, and there have been many additions and remodels since that date.
PCCC is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors.
PCCC Board of Directors